One of the ways to raise more money at your auction is to sell the same experience multiple times – doubling or tripling the profit from a single package. Interesting experiences can cultivate friendly competition, cause bidding wars, and create a high level of excitement at your event. There are different strategies for live or silent auctions, but here are (5) standout experiences that have a high success rate of multiple sales per event*.
1. ESPY Awards: This truly is a once-in-a-lifetime event for the rabid sports fan. The ESPY Awards is an unforgettable and exclusive one-night celebration of the past year in sports. Each year, it is the chance to relive the best plays, biggest upsets, and record-breaking performances across the sport industry. Your donors can be there live in Los Angeles to see their favorite sports stars, celebrities, and honor those making substantial contributions to society.
For a sports-theme event or a sports-related cause, the ESPY Awards experience is perfect for a live auction. A definite buzz-generator, this package will have your donors raising their paddles left and right!
“A 5-star experience. It was everything we thought and more!” – Molly S.
2. Sedona Luxury Home with Private Grand Canyon Tour: One of the declared “Seven Natural Wonders of the World,” the Grand Canyon is a breathtaking spectacle that takes the phrase “seeing is believing” to another level. Nearly 6 million years ago, the Colorado River began carving the Grand Canyon into the land, exposing nearly two billion years of Earth’s geological history. Located two hours from the Grand Canyon is the desert town of Sedona. One of the most beautiful places in America, Sedona is surrounded by 1.8 million acres of national forest land and soaring red rocks.
This VIP experience includes a 3 to 5-night stay at our luxury home and a private chauffeur/knowledgable guide for a full day tour from Sedona to the Grand Canyon. Because this auction item caters to 4-6 donors at a time, it is easy to see why it has the potential to appeal to families or couples bidding together.
“The home was in a a great location and beautiful! The touring company was fabulous.” – Tina W.
3. New York Broadway Bound: “One belongs to New York instantly; one belongs to it as much in 5 minutes as in 5 years.”– Tom Wolfe. There really isn’t a city as unique as New York City; hence the number of songs inspired by the Big Apple, the influential and distinct culture defined here, and the immense draw from tourists traveling from around the world to see the bright lights of the city. New York is home to some of the most iconic sites on the planet, including the Empire State Building, Central Park, and Times Square.
As Frank says it best “Start spreadin’ the news, you’re leaving today, you want to be part of it – New York, New York!”
“Traci [at Giveback Sports] was easy to work with and it was one of the best trips I’ve taken in some time! Thank you!” – Debbie B.
4. Jackson Hole Wildlife Adventure: Just south of Grand Teton National Park, the town of Jackson, Wyoming continues to allure cowboys and adventure-seekers with its charm. Ranked #2 in “Best Small Towns to Visit” in the USA by U.S. News, Jackson Hole has maintained its motto of “The Last of the Old West” through its long-standing traditions and culture. With 2,500 acres of skiable terrain, 242 miles of trails in Grand Teton National Park, white-water rafting, wildlife safaris, and more, the activities are endless.
You won’t encounter the glitz and glam of Aspen and Lake Tahoe here, but the vastness of beauty in the Jackson Hole region has caught the attention of Hollywood celebs, outdoor enthusiasts, and bucket-list travelers alike. When planning a grand getaway, most people may not put Wyoming on the top of their list, but we are here to say: “Think again!”
“The hotel was beautiful. The rooms were great. The surroundings were wonderful. Your service was amazing.” – Michelle O.
5. My Old Kentucky Home: Kentucky is the heart of bourbon and horse country in America. For more than 100 years, horse breeding, shows, and racing have remained a constant in the Bluegrass state. The hundreds of grassy farms and horse parks are considered by many to be the best places to raise and breed horses. From Louisville to Lexington, the Kentucky Bourbon Trail is another signature of the Commonwealth.
In one adventure, your donors can experience two of Kentucky’s greatest contributions. Regional events within driving distance to Lexington should offer this package to capitalize on the increasing popularity of the Bourbon Trail and Kentucky’s horse capital.
“We had a superb experience. I really appreciated your detailed pre-trip itinerary!” – Leah W.
If you are interested in adding any of these 5 experiences to your event, please Contact Us.
*Based on Giveback Sports auction event date (Jan 1 – Oct 20, 2019)