It is not uncommon to hear concern from clients about selecting the right experiences that engage their audience and create excitement in the room. After all, a successful auction can double and even triple the net profit of an event. Therefore, it’s important to offer items that appeal to different lifestyles and budgets to increase bidding among all guests.
By grouping auction items into categories like food + wine, local experiences, or sporting events, you can identify potential saturated groups of items and gaps in missing categories. We have identified five categories of auction packages that help fill gaps for greater engagement from more attendees of the event.
- Family Vacations – Although couples getaways and date nights are enticing for parties of 2 in the audience, a family vacation can eliminate the need for a babysitter in order to enjoy time away, be more cost-efficient with the per person cost, and make for a great gift for the family without any of the stress of planning. The Colorado Family Fun package is perfect for the outdoor-loving family. Each Colorado mountain town is unique with its different feel and attractions outside of ski resorts. Select the resort that fits your one-of-a-kind family in either Keystone, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Vail or Crested Butte and enjoy a 4-night stay at your 4-star accommodations. Our All-Inclusive Family Vacation in Mexico package includes a 5-night stay for a family of 4 at an all-inclusive beachfront resort of your choice in Riviera Maya, Cancun, or Puerto Vallarta. Your 4-star accommodations offer unlimited beverages, on-site restaurants, use of non-motorized water sports, entertainment and activities fun for the whole family.
- Cruises – Cruise packages are the perfect addition to any auction with an array of attendees. Our cruise packages provide a low entry price point, range from Silver Level to Diamond Level, and can be customized to each winning bidder’s preferences. Let your donors select the ports, destinations, travel dates, and amenities that are perfect for them.
Our Bahamas Royal Caribbean Cruise and Caribbean Royal Caribbean Cruises include an interior room for 2 guests, all-you-can-eat dining, nightlife and entertainment, onboard activities, unsurpassed service, and endless fun and relaxation – all at an economical price. Royal Caribbean has been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall and in the Caribbean” for 16 years and running by Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards. This is not just a cruise; this is the best vacation value around.
- Guys’ Trips – Action-packed, thrill-seeking fun to bring out the inner child in every man in the audience. Give top donors in the room a bucket list package they can’t ignore. As work-life balance is slowly moving from a nice-to-have to a need-to-have, it’s important to experience life outside of work and do something for yourself. Fly Fishing in Wyoming, Belize Grand Slam Fishing, or our highly-regarded Celebrity Pro-AM Billfish Invitational are adrenaline pumping experiences located in some of the greatest fly-fishing locations on the planet. For the avid golfer, our Ireland: Golf & Guinness experience boasts Ireland’s “3 G’s” – green, golf, and Guinness – or our Greenbrier Spa & Golf experience is a getaway closer to home and a perfect combination of recreation and relaxation. NFL Sunday or College Game Day Tailgates will make for a VIP Experience for any football fan.
- Girls’ Trips – Sometimes ladies just need a weekend with the girls. Offer the ultimate GNO (Girls Night Out) package for all of the deserving women in your audience who put others before themselves. These packages are meant to excite, pamper, and rejuvenate the soul. The Napa Valley Girls Getaway and Chicago Girls Getaway packages are designed for maximum relaxation and leisure with friends. Share a laugh and great conversation over a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon in Napa or a culinary delight at the famous Eataly Market in Chicago. Or our South Lake Tahoe Ski-cation and Go Coastal in Charleston experiences are the perfect destinations to let loose, try something new, and just have fun with your best friend.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime – Bucket list travel experiences may appeal to the top 5% of donors in the room. However, the high perceived value of these packages can mean a significant return for your organization. The Kentucky Derby, PGA Golf Tournament Admission, and the CMA Awards are the type of packages that energize the audience and spur friendly bidding wars to drive profit. Offering 1 or 2 once-in-a-lifetime experiences at your event creates the “wow” factor to put excitement into your live or silent auctions.